Monday, August 1, 2011

Salsa, Radishes, Limes, and Peppers on The Side

The one thing that makes me more happy than a ice cold Pacifico beer after a five hour surf in the hot and humid tropics is a huge glass of sweet, yet sour jamaica agua, tacos, and a wide variety of side items to put on top of the tasty delights. The truth is that I have to drive and having any alcohol in my system is not going to help me or others when behind the wheel, so sometimes I just have to wait to enjoy my cerveza. Just the other day after a fun time in the ocean I stopped by a wonderful restaurant that was kind enough to serve me thirty minutes before opening, it must have been the puppy dog eyes and the begging at their feet to please help me. Thank goodness for kind people in this world!

I went ahead and ordered two of the best Mexican tacos filled with carne asada and a cheese quesadilla. They grill the meat to perfection and it has that wonderful taste that can only come from it being prepared that way. The cilantro and chopped raw onions are placed on top when they arrive. There was a side plate the waitress they placed on the table and it contained red salsa, radishes, limes, and grilled peppers. It was like a little present on the side and it literally took under a 1/2 second for me to reach over and grab every thing and put it on top and next to the main dish. This place understands the value of the dining experience and as I am writing this my mouth is starting to water and a bit of drool is starting to form. The taste was amazing and it is tough for me to even describe how good it was. I knew from the get go that the flan was necessary so they brought that with the order. That desert was fantastic and all-in-all one of my best dining experiences in my life. Now that I am back in Seattle my mind is drifting into that moment in time wishing I could be there right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment