Friday, May 13, 2011

Fish Tacos and Cerveza Barrilito

There is a variety of ways to make specific things. For example, a hot dog can be grilled, fried, boiled, broiled, and made into a corn dog. There are even more but I can't think of them right off the top of my head right now. When it comes to enjoying those little corn tortilla filled delights there is a way to prepare them that makes my mouth drool and my stomach roar.

The best fish tacos are made batter fried, this is only my own opinion. The meat can be grilled or prepared many other ways, but the flavor is not the same for me. When there is that crispy shell it simply works and is my favorite. The filet has to be cut properly and then dipped into a perfect batter for everything to work. The best Mexican restaurant in Seattle holds the secret recipe for this and they will not let anyone see it. It then has to be placed into very hot oil and fried to a golden brown color. Corn tortillas are delicious, however flour can get the job done as well. Cabbage is great to go on top along with all different types of salsas. If you love spicy salsa then go for it. I like it kind of hot, but not so hot my lips and tongue go numb because it takes away from me being able to enjoy the flavor. Cream sauce is sometimes used and gives it a rich taste, if this is what you fancy. Of course, cold beers should be sipped or guzzled down before, during, and after the meal. Here is a picture of a Cerveza Barrilito from Grupo Modelo, which by the way makes quality beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment