Friday, October 29, 2010

The Best Boneless Pork Leg Tacos Ever

1st taco of the evening
last taco of the evening
Pork is not something that I rank up there with the highest quality of meat types, but boy is it tasty.  The other night I ordered the boneless pork leg entree and it was amazing.  I am craving it right now as I type this and it is nine in the morning.  It was pulled from the bone and then marinated in this achiote spice mix, or something.  Whatever it is it is just freaking awsome.  It was then cooked in banana leaves, which gives it more flavors than it already had, if that was possible.  Hand made corn tortillas were on tap and a few choices of salsa, one which has a high amount of garlic in it.  It comes with pickled onions with nice hot and spicy peppers and just a few were eaten.  I of course had a salted and iced margarita with it to make it interesting.  I had one Fanta too because, just because.  The portion size served up five tacos and I had absolutely no problem eating them all.  I took my time eating rather than just blazing right though it.  It was one of those meals where you take a bite and take everything in.  I focused on letting my heart rate slow and I worked on breathing slowly to really get into the right state.  It was one of the best dining experiences I have had at a restaurant in a while and plan to do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment