Friday, October 22, 2010

Tacos Saved My Life



It used to be that burgers and fries were something that got me all excited, but ever since my wife introduced me to real tacos, things changed.  Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy a good burger from Fat Burger, Red Robin, and of course Herfy's, but tacos bring me to a different place in my life.  They uplift my spirits and give me that overall sense of well being that only a few things in life are capable of doing. Too spicy doesn't work for me, just a bit of spice with a touch of avocado salsa works, and then taking a ripe lime, I mean really full of juice and spraying all over the tacos, now that is just awsome.  Grilled onions kick ass and cilantro is just the best thing ever.  But what really makes the difference is the tortilla.  You see, this b.s. genetic modified sugar filled corn sucks.  You need naturally grown, real organic, real flavorful corn for proper tortillas.  The taste is so distinct and when you sink your teeth into a real tortilla taco you get it.  It almost makes me tear up when all the ingredients are perfect and to be completely honest here, all the problems in life go away, everything is wonderful for a while. So, tacos, I love you, and you saved my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment